“Content is King” is a frequently repeated saying that acknowledges the importance of appropriate and original content on websites. The truth of this saying is underscored by Google’s continuous efforts to prefect search algorithms to present results that most closely align to the search terms entered by web users. Google assesses the value of websites by the quantity and the quality of backlinks. Though it isn’t hard to generate numerous backlinks, quality links can only be acquired with valuable content.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is required for good page ranking and website traffic. SEO strategies are constantly evolving to improve the results. It makes sense to keep an ear out for the advice of Google to optimize your website for additional customers, increased revenue, and stronger brand image.
What does Google suggest for search engine optimization?
Google’s Webmaster Guide emphasizes on link building techniques for SEO. Link-based analysis used to determine a website’s standing involves the quality estimation of sites that connect to it. Websites with more high quality backlinks are given a higher page rank. Google has the knowledge to identify websites that include genuinely meaningful pages of content and organic backlinks. It also disregards a sudden spike in backlinks as this is typically achieved through artificial or commercial efforts. Websites that show a regular rise in backlinks that come from unique IP addresses and domains are favored.
What sort of backlinks work with Google?
Google advices website administrators to steer clear of backlinks from spammy link farms and excessive link exchanging as this may throw a bad light on your website. Registering on less important directories and websites that are not applicable to your line of business contributes nothing to your PageRank. The one assured way to get natural backlinks is to develop content that is can be used by customers. This alone would encourages other websites to link to it.
Matt Cutts of Google’s search quality team suggests a few straightforward strategies to get superior backlinks:
* Get involved in blogs: Participate in community discussions and blogs. Generate articles and tutorials that impart genuine information to users. Whenever you can add value, respond to other posts and give users the benefit of your expertise and practice. Work towards achieving an authoritarian position.
* Write a blog and make posts easily accessible: Send out newsletters to frequent blog participants so that information is easier to access.
* Innovative content: The internet is clogged up with replicated content. If you take pains to create original articles or blog posts or talk about an original subject, you arouse curiosity.
* Social media networking: Become a frequent and interactive member on social media networks that gather communities of interested readers and niche audiences that can take advantage of your knowledgeable inputs and convert into faithful patrons.
* Simple web design: Simple navigation is a crucial characteristic of website design. Ask your website designers to ensure that all web pages are easy to get to and can be arrived at through direct links and bookmarks.
* Register in directories: Plan on listing your website in quality directories. Focus on those that have a high PageRank (3 or 4 at the minimum) and do not get reviewed by programs but humans. Some of these directories are Yahoo!, Business(dot)com, DMOZ, whatUseek, etc.
From the above discussion, it is clear that for successful SEO and resulting high page rank, your goal should be centered around getting superior backlinks rather than quantity. This can be done by publishing matter that attracts customers’ interest because of its uniqueness, value and relevance to their requirements.
Need quick content for your blog? Click here to visit WP Robot.