You can drill easily and safely drill holes in all glass..
Types of glass such as – sea glass, wine bottles, glass blocks, tiles, stones, granite and marble by following these simple tips and techniques:
- Use diamond bits to drill your glass (and not carbide bits)
- Select diamond hole saws to drill holes 1/4 of an inch and larger, or to drill holes in thick glass such as glass blocks and wine bottles.
- Plenty of lubrication/coolant is essential to keep your drill tip cool and the hole you are drilling clean.
- Do NOT apply any pressure (most people make this mistake) Just allow your drill bit drill at it’s own pace.
- Start diamond hole saws at approx 600-900 rmp,
- Start diamond drill bits at approx 2500-5000 rmp, as too much speed will cause the drill bit to slip or the glass to crack/shatter.