If you are running a public campaign – your local Member of Parliament may offer you support.
If you don’t know who you’re local MP is – then ring your Town Hall. Some issues however are only dealt with at the local Town Hall – such as council housing and refuge but you still can ask your local MP for a letter of support.
- Refer you to a reputable organisation or relevant body
- Introduce a bill to change a current law
- Speak in a debate concerning your raised issue
- Confer with a Government member regarding your issue
- Put forward an ‘amendment’ to a piece of legislation
- Propose that a committee inquiry is held on the issue
- Sign an ‘Early Day Motion’ (internal parliamentary petition)