If you Google MyHermes you will come across thousands of complaints from customers that have been let down very badly and many have ended up out of pocket.
I have had 2 very bad experiences with them myself. Ask me why I took another chance with them after tearing my hair out with them the first time round, well I just don’t know, but absolute frustration yet again.
I booked a parcel pickup with them through Parcel2go.Com and waited in all day (Friday) and the courier never arrived. Grrr. . and to my dismay there was no way of contacting them online or via telephone. The only option I was given on Parcel2go was to rebook another day and that was it!
Then I noticed that you can chat with their representatives on Parcel2go, so I proceeded to have my little rant with them. They looked into the pickup problem but I was not given any reasons for MyHermes failure to do their job properly. I was offered to rebook for the next day, so I thought to myself that it was unlikely that MyHermes were that incompetent and they would complete the job successfully.
The next day (Saturday), the sun was shining and I was hoping that the courier would come while it was still nice, but have a guess what? They did not show up again! 2 days sat around like a pratt, and not only that, I had the horrible task of informing the customer that their parcel had not even been sent out yet.
Oh . . . I forgot to mention – the first time I used MyHermes the courier picked up my parcel a day late then kept it at her house for 3 days instead of taking it to the main depot!
After my bad experience with myHermes, and by reading other customer complaints – I have come to the conclusion that this courier company could not offer a good; or even satisfactory customer service for the following reasons:
- They employ local inexperienced drivers to pick up and deliver your parcels.
- The drivers are paid peanuts and therefore are not in a hurry to pick up your parcel and there have been numerous complaints about damaged contents in parcels
- If you read the small print your goods are not insured, so if your recipient receives a damaged item, then it is your responsibility to pay out a refund.
- You cannot ring or contact them directly; hence you are left in limbo, just scratching your head.
- MyHermes hide behind Parcel2go which are unaccountable as they are just acting as third party; hence who can you shout and rant at when it all goes wrong? Nobody – apart from your dog, cat, etc, or bang your own head against the wall!
- Parcel2go staff are highly brainwashed into rebooking your parcel pickup, and a refund is the last thing they want to give you.
Now, it’s not all doom and gloom as some customers have reported that they have never had a problem with MyHermes. From what I have read and researched, I assume that this is purely down to the competence of the local courier they have employed.
Because some of them clearly don’t give a toss about your parcels.
If you do fall prey to MyHermes shoddy customer service, make sure you that you have something to thump into like a large pillow, because you will be left feeling extremely frustrated.