Can My MP Help Me With My Public Campaign?

If you are running a public campaign – your local Member of Parliament may offer you support



If you don’t know who you’re local MP is – then ring your Town Hall. Some issues however are only dealt with at the local Town Hall – such as council housing and refuge but you still can ask your local MP for a letter of support.

  • Refer you to a reputable organisation or relevant body
  • Introduce a bill to change a current law
  • Speak in a debate concerning your raised issue
  • Confer with a Government member regarding your issue
  • Put forward an ‘amendment’ to a piece of legislation
  • Propose that a committee inquiry is held on the issue
  • Sign an ‘Early Day Motion’ (internal parliamentary petition)
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply